cakecore is a command line tool and convention for installing/updating the CakePHP core libraries in /usr/lib/cakephp. Using cakecore provides a foundation for maintaining one core, for many apps. The advantages are…
- One copy of each major version of the CakePHP core libraries.
- Easy upgrade when new CakePHP version are released.
- Switch to newer version of CakePHP on a per project basis.
- Reduce disk space required for each project.
- Decoupling the core libraries means less to commit and maintain in code repositories.
# clone cakecore from github
sudo git clone https://github.com/pronique/cakecore.git /usr/lib/cakephp
# add cakecore to your path
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/cakephp/cakecore /usr/bin/cakecore
Checkout and install CakePHP
sudo cakecore install-all
# Installs a copy of each major version of CakePHP in...
sudo cakecore update-all
Check current CakePHP versions
sudo cakecore status
Show instructions for linking to the core libraries from your app/project
CakeCore is open source software released under the MIT License. CakeCore is developed and maintained by PRONIQUE Software, a PHP Software Development Company.